COVID-19 UPDATE – Phase 3 of lockdown easing.
Friday 10th July
We would like to thank our patients for their tolerance and understanding given the limited service we have been able to provide over the past few months.
Despite the announcement by the First Minister today regarding Phase 3 of lockdown easing as of July 13th, we are still very restricted to the care we can offer as we are still unable to carry out aerosol generating procedures such as fillings, scalings, crown and root treatments.
Therefore, our main priority at this point in time remains in providing emergency and urgent care. This includes, pain relief advice, extractions, temporary fillings and re-cementing of crowns and bridges. Should you have an emergency or require urgent care, please call the practice on:
0141 637 4049 Monday to Friday from 9am-6pm. Evenings and weekends, please call NHS24 on 111.
01382 698090 Monday to Friday from 9am-6pm. Evenings and weekends, please call NHS24 on 111.
Attendance remains strictly by appointment only.
We would like to take this opportunity once again to thank you for your patience during this time and reassure you that we are focussed on resuming our full range of services as soon as we are able and look forward to making contact with you for booking in your routine exam and treatment appointments.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again at your appointment
• Hand sanitising stations will be located throughout the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
• We no longer offer shared items such as magazines and children’s toys
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
• Please do not arrive without an appointment
• With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
• Avoid bringing excess personal belongings
• A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
• Payment should be made by card where possible. May we kindly request you to bring your own pen in case of the need to update any paperwork
• If you show symptoms prior to your appointment, you should contact the practice by phone for advice
• Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time and where possible use the bathroom before attending
With Best Wishes from all the team here at United Dental Care.